Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Stuie

My cat was almost 18 y/0.He had lost some weight & started to become short of breath.I did not notice right away because Stuie was doing most of his usual activities.I took him outside one day that we had sun;finally.He loved it.I knew Stuie was dying but I was in denial.I am a RN with a BSN. .I was trying to figure out what was wrong instead of taking him to the Vet.I figured Stuie hated the car ride & was short of breath when healthy.


I decided one day,that Stuie ailment may be temporary..His shortness of breath may be an infection?


2/17/2013

My Stuie was examined and had a low temperature,not a good sign.The Vet took him for a digital ultrasound of Stuie's lungs.His lungs were full of blood, depicting cancer. The Vet withdrew about 10 CC of blood from Stuie's lungs.While the Vet showed me the ultrasound(US),my Stuie arrested. I could see him trying to go after me when I left the exam room to look at the (US).My Stuie was now struggling to breathe.I had to decide to put him to sleep in a minute or less.I let the doctor put him to sleep.I wasn't ready to NOT bring Stuie home.He was my 17 y/o baby whom followed me every where.I was devastated.I guess I cried so much the Vet only charged me for medicine.Stuie was packed as if he was human.He even had a body shroud. I took my Stuie home in a sealed box.I brought him to the pet crematory the next day.I make sure my pets are cremated alone.I stayed & saw Stuie before he was cremated.He looked as if he was sleeping with his perfect little head  & his silver coat.MY poor Stuie was short of breath & I thought it was age,not cancer!Cancer now took 2 of my cats,Joey at 15 & Stuie almost 18 y/o.They were buddies,Joey & Stuie.

1 comment:

  1. Hello rinebird,
    absolutely love what you have written in your profile! It radiates with love and affection!
    I am sorry to hear about your lovely cat.
    P.S. thank you so much for paying me a visit!

    ReplyDelete